Joy is Good BusinessWeekly Insights to Help You Reach Your Business Objectives
Burnout: Reading the Tea Leaves
- Exhaustion is profound physical, cognitive and emotional fatigue typically resulting from heavy workloads, deadline pressures, always-on culture and/or lack of control.
- Detachment happens when a worker distances themselves from the job and the team. Often feelings of negativity and distrust can manifest as well.
- Inefficacy occurs when skills slip or become irrelevant and/or when a worker lacks support, resources or information to do their job well.
- Unable to complete tasks on time
- Losing track of tasks and time
- Moodiness or irritability
- Withdrawal or lack of participation in meetings
- Fatigue not solved by extra rest
- Minor unexplained physical ailments
- Problems with sleep
- Chronic work during personal hours
Fight the need to make everything feel urgent
Making sure employees are engaged in their work and jobs is one of the most effective ways to boost productivity, morality, and thus, revenue.
Learn how to create engaged employees with employee engagement strategies to uplift your business.
Be intentional with daily separation
Fun activities for employee engagement don’t have to be super complicated. Learn more about creative ways to engage your employees.
Everyday behaviors are the culprits