Joy is Good BusinessWeekly Insights to Help You Reach Your Business Objectives
Burnout: Reading the Tea Leaves
- Exhaustion is profound physical, cognitive and emotional fatigue typically resulting from heavy workloads, deadline pressures, always-on culture and/or lack of control.
- Detachment happens when a worker distances themselves from the job and the team. Often feelings of negativity and distrust can manifest as well.
- Inefficacy occurs when skills slip or become irrelevant and/or when a worker lacks support, resources or information to do their job well.
- Unable to complete tasks on time
- Losing track of tasks and time
- Moodiness or irritability
- Withdrawal or lack of participation in meetings
- Fatigue not solved by extra rest
- Minor unexplained physical ailments
- Problems with sleep
- Chronic work during personal hours
There is a perception that if you work more, you get more done. Seems logical, but it’s actually a myth…
It’s Thanksgiving week—a time to express appreciation for those around us. While the holiday highlights and…
I’ve been struggling lately with the idea of employee recognition. There are so many studies and statistics that make it seem…
Work-life balance evolved in the 1970’s and 1980’s as stressed-out baby boomers wanted more to life than just work…
Burnout, well-being, engagement—none of these concepts are new. Statistics continue to show how important they are to business…