Every Friday, you can receive the Joy Journal, which will give you information, inspiration and tips that you can use in your pursuit for joy.
It’s 3 a.m. and I Can’t Sleep
Time to Induce Some Zzzz’s
- Engage in deep breathing: It will help to calm your nerves and lure you into a meditative state and then sleep.
- Write it out: Get what is in your head out of you head. Keep a notepad and pen in your nightstand.
- Read something easy: A fun, light read could distract your active mind. Be sure, however, that you don’t use blue light when you read as it will wake you up more.
- Use a calming scent: Keep a diffuser by your bed and use lavender, peppermint or eucalyptus for aromatherapy.
- Leverage sound: Many people relax when they hear waves, trees or rain. Download an app to play those nature sounds.
A key question to alleviate burnout
Burnout might be pervasive in today’s work environment, but it doesn’t need to be permanent. Learn how to recover from burnout with this complete guide.
New name for a recurring issue
Are you familiar with this feeling? When you experience a little bit of stress, you perform highly. But when you’re too stressed, life feels really strenuous or you shut down. Conversely, when you’re not experiencing any stress at all, it’s difficult to feel motivated.
Here at Joycheiver, we take stress and the negative effects it has on people’s lives very seriously.
It’s wonderful to truly unplug.
What are the 5 stages of burnout? Review each phase to learn more about how you can avoid and recover from the stages of burnout.