Joy is Good BusinessWeekly Insights to Help You Reach Your Business Objectives
Play is a Good 4-Letter Word
- Increases productivity: A Brigham Young University study says when a team does something fun together, their productivity increased by as much as 20%.
- Fosters innovation: Humor is the result of surprise. Surprise creates novelty in the brain, which prompts sparks for new ideas to emerge.
- Unifies team members: Organized play can enable team members to share common objectives and work together to accomplish a goal.
- Enables team members to build bonds: Fun activities create opportunities for colleagues to see more sides of each other than just work.
- Releases stress: Fun releases dopamine (pleasure and reward) and serotonin (natural mood stabilizer), which both combat cortisol (stress hormone).
- Celebrate events (birthdays, new babies, milestones, holidays)
- Revel in small wins or accomplishments
- Host a food contest, e.g. a chili cook-off
- Create or host games, e.g. mini-golf in the office or a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament
- Hire a comedian for a team meeting
- Share favorite (work appropriate) Tik Tok videos
Fun activities for employee engagement don’t have to be super complicated. Learn more about creative ways to engage your employees.
Everyday behaviors are the culprits
Learn the most effective questions to engage employees and equip yourself with feedback that helps you make informed and productive workplace decisions.
But sticks to his old ways.
Empathetic leadership is now a necessary skill set. Find out why.
Don’t forget to appreciate your work people
Find out why.