Every Friday, you can receive the Joy Journal, which will give you information, inspiration and tips that you can use in your pursuit for joy.
Your Cheat Sheet for Engagement
9 Questions to Focus On
Engagement is a term that is used quite often in the professional development world.
Simply defined, engagement is the emotional commitment a team member has for the business and its goals. It is a demonstration that they truly care about their work and the firm.
There are four key aspects to engagement:
- Immersion: Does the team member get absorbed into the work?
- Challenge & Commitment: Does the team member welcome stretch goals and pursue them enthusiastically?
- Connection to Greater Purpose: Is the team member interested in contributing to the organization’s mission and purpose?
- Energy: Is the team member energetic with their work and others on the team?
Team members who are engaged should be able to answer “Yes” to these questions:
- Is workload and work pace manageable?
- Do I use my best skills regularly?
- Do I have opportunities to stretch and grow?
- Do I feel like I have control over my work life?
- Am I able to make my own decisions?
- Do I feel connected to my colleagues, manager/partner(s), and the firm?
- Can I be myself while working?
- In the last seven days, has someone appreciated or expressed value for my work?
- Do I feel like my work matters or makes a difference?
Feel free to share this message and these questions with your partners, managers and leaders. While the questions are fairly straightforward, getting a “Yes” might not be so easy.
To Office or Not to Office?
A continuous struggle
How Would You Answer These 3 Questions?
A self-reflection moment
I Scream…You Scream!
Let it rip!
Try This Productivity Hack
And you get a reward
The stigma has an impact
Do More Than Treat the Symptoms
Fix the root cause
Stop Making It About “Where”
Focus on giving more autonomy