Joy is Good BusinessWeekly Insights to Help You Reach Your Business Objectives
Burnout: Reading the Tea Leaves
- Exhaustion is profound physical, cognitive and emotional fatigue typically resulting from heavy workloads, deadline pressures, always-on culture and/or lack of control.
- Detachment happens when a worker distances themselves from the job and the team. Often feelings of negativity and distrust can manifest as well.
- Inefficacy occurs when skills slip or become irrelevant and/or when a worker lacks support, resources or information to do their job well.
- Unable to complete tasks on time
- Losing track of tasks and time
- Moodiness or irritability
- Withdrawal or lack of participation in meetings
- Fatigue not solved by extra rest
- Minor unexplained physical ailments
- Problems with sleep
- Chronic work during personal hours
Learn the most effective questions to engage employees and equip yourself with feedback that helps you make informed and productive workplace decisions.
But sticks to his old ways.
Empathetic leadership is now a necessary skill set. Find out why.
Don’t forget to appreciate your work people
Find out why.
Building strong self-management skills is one of the best ways to improve workplace performance and positively impact your career development.
Find out what’s causing your ability to think straight, and learn how to improve your clarity of mind with these 7 simple strategies.